Friday 23 March 2018

Never Prepared For: Joseph



Joseph is a new series made by Ear Epic, an audio drama production company founded by Mark Brooks, and seeing the website, I think it's a fairly new one. 

I came pass this audio drama from Matt Durkin's tweet. And since I haven't got any new pod subscription for the last 2 weeks (no thanks to adulting), I decided to give this a try. It's still only a pilot episode, with two story parts combined into one episode, titled The Requisition of Opus & Joseph's Hunt.

And it's....

GOOD BLEEPITY BLEEP! 

It's INSANE.

When listening to this, I jump numerous time, and I have to hold myself from cursing aloud, and I definitely put my derp-with-headphone face, and I got goosebumps, and I got in so much awe, I even abandoned my muffin!

I've come on one of those podcasts that claim as 'movie for your ears'. Some are fine. But this one is.. practically raised the bar for sound engineering in audio drama production. 

Okay, I'm not really a good reviewer, especially when it comes to sound tech. But listening to Joseph, I feel like sitting in a theater, practically engulfed in the sounds coming from everywhere, without any distraction. You could easily differentiate all the characters' voice, and not just because of good acting--which this one has--but also a great sound mixing where you can tell each character's physical positions. Also also, without an over exposition, you can know what exactly going on the situations.
 
The story, well, it's not much to say from just one episodes. But I can tell it's going to be apocalyptic sci-fi dystopia, with a hint of humor, and probably a lot of emotional drama. So far we got the main characters of Opus and Sarah, a couple that forced to leave everything they have; and Joseph, a charming-bastard type of bounty hunter that adventuring with Vivi, his loyal bike bot.

What is these character's connection? Enemy? Friend? Relative?
and what is happening the world they're living on?

I have some idea going on in my head, but I don't want to lead you on.
So, we still have to wait for next episodes (probably not so patiently though). Meanwhile, you could visit the website (http://earepic.com/joseph/) for a bit material, checking the cast and crews info, or for great artwork, like the picture above. Although, I kinda advise you to see it after you listen to the first episode, just to maximize the raw sensation when enjoying the podcast.

I cannot recommend more of this new audio drama. Even if sci-fi is not your type of story, the sound engineering alone worth all the time on your ear and in your head.

Note:
  • Joseph is on iTunes, Libsyn, Ear Epic website, and any other podcatchers. 
  • recommended for: amazing adventure for your ears, drama, light comedy, sci-fi, dystopia, robot apocalyptic, and (assumingly) a bit of Star Wars/Firefly touches
  • caution for: violence, stressful situation, separated family, loud noise, explosive, guns,
    future probability of when technology finally triumph over humanity, abandoned muffin














No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Siniar Talks

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi