Thursday 4 January 2018

A Love Story Too Short: Wolf 359


http://www.wolf359.fm/show/


This podcast has been going around since more than 3 years ago. Been shouted and mentioned numerous times in any social media, but I can’t got myself interested to it. And I blame it all to the title..

See, my first encounter with podcast wasn’t really a meet-cute. It’s boring, it’s awfully recorded, it’s either filled with people yelling and screaming and believing that they’re the funniest shit in the world — or some geeks reviewing while trying to uncover whatever hidden conspiracy on some television series. Yes, I thought the Wolf 359 was another Trekkie shits.
(why? this)

But then suddenly my main podcasts subs got into hiatus at the same time. My ears were left cold and lonely. So, boredom and necessity made me swiped right for Wolf 359.

and it’s a mind-blowing affair..

It started intense and I easily got hooked into. The laughter, the silliness and campiness of all the pop culture references, I really don’t expect it to be a comedy journey. But then, a quick turn happened. We went into drama.

Not that I despise it, after all, I knew I have to deal with it sooner or later. But I didn’t prepare for such a deep and dark side of the characters. The laughter was still there, but not that much. Even though through an emotional turmoil and loss, I was beginning to understand them all, even the most slippery one.

Next: changes. The Hephaestus’ small life was so warm, every inches of me refused when changes started to happen and comfort zones were crossed by many new characters.

More drama and more struggles, but I stayed with Wolf 359, because they were already became part of my life. I already crossed the red line..

Yet then, suddenly, everything must come to an end, with any possible means.

It’s the cruelest news they ever gave to me. I kept wishing that another 90s pathetic reference would came from Eiffel’s mouth, or for Plant Monster to came back and somehow became a new part of the crew in a cheery new vacation, and things would just stop. getting. worse.
But no. Everything and everyone have changed, and just for the sake of all that have lost, they needed to finish it.

So I’ll say, it ended with tears, with laughter,
with awesomeness, with a bang and pang in my heart.

I never cried like that for someone like them. For a while, I still refused to believe that all is over. I’m maybe not with them as long as the others were, but don’t you dare say my love for them is less.

But the curtain has fell. Though it’s really sad to say goodbye, I still really glad the crews went not with an end, but with a hope.

Wolf 359, you are, and will always be, my most beautiful podcast affair.
Thank you for existing.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Siniar Talks

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi